ZenCash rebranding to Horizen

After doing a few things with the new name I have come to the conclusion the rebranding was a terrible idea and has lead to less useage.

Typeing into google Horizen, google wants to auto correct it to the correct spelling HoriZON. Knowing you have to spell it wrong(right?) to get the correct results. its wierd telling a friend its horiZEN, with a EN not a ON… it just feels dumb having to explain it.

Typing “Horizen fourms” into google and hit enter, it thinks im looking for Horizon Forums, or many other things with the correct spelling. Google thinks im mispelling it and is returning search results for the correct spelling. This is terrible for a brand name.

ZenCash was the only ZenCash, typing it into google instantly brought up the right stuff. “Horizen” is a misspelling of the word Horizon, and causes problems with alot of search engines.

I know its more then a cash platform, however ZenCash was alot more original. Just a couple things I have noticed with the new brand name.

This decision was not - cosmetic change.
Many of us still think this logo and name were really cool.
But lets clarify some facts. :slightly_smiling_face:

We had some law issues with our logo, as Robert stated in this video.

Horizen President and Co-founder Robert Viglione gives some insight on the brand:

“The ZenCash project has greatly evolved since its inception more than a year ago, and it’s now time to expand our brand to more accurately reflect our mission to promote the fundamental human right of privacy worldwide. What initially launched as a privacy-focused cryptocurrency has transformed into a much broader and deeply capable platform that will host a variety of privacy-focused applications, including secure messaging and publishing.
The Horizen brand completely embodies our technically-innovative mission and the sentiments of our community — we are a visionary privacy platform in which people can believe and to which they can belong.”

I would like to add only that we don’t need to be in the shadow of ZCASH and this was really good decision to remove CASH from the name. Horizen is platform and ZEN is currency and one of the products of this platform.
Name is chosen by branding experts with involvement of team and community. Many of them actually been interviewed, and this process was long, we didn’t brought this overnight. All decisions were evalueted many times.
Every rebrand bringing some unsertancy but our job and visions are clear.
All in all this is behind us and we are doing our best to spread awareness about the project.
Even in this really hard marketing conditions we are still kicking!

I now why they did the rebranding and the choice behind it.

I was just raising a point after using the new name for awhile. I have many times had a problem with things thinking I was typing Horizon wrong, and also have had searchs returning the wrong spelling(corrected to) Horizon.

This makes it alot harder to find things about Horizen when computers auto correct it in the background and does not return the correct Brand Name, but changes it to the correct spelling of Horizon.

I gave all my employees 1 Zen on a paper wallet in their Christmas cards. None of them had ever heard of Zen or Horizen or Zcash for that matter. All those new to the space won’t be confused, the name change will be all but forgotten in another year and Horizen will just be known as that powerful privacy coin that surpassed Monero as top privacy coin. :sunglasses:

There are already few different kind of projects named Horizon…

Horizen has ZEN at the end, and we can say we are consistent. It is wrong spelling but tomorrow Google might change their engine and all this wont be a problem.
I dont think that this is so large problem, more like small obsticle, but we will work on this to get more visibility.

Horizen%20AD

All this happened in very short time span.
Most important is that we have our brand and working product and we can move on.