[Proposal] ZenCash Telegram Help/Info Bot and porting Discord Tipbot

TL;DR
I’m making a bot for the zencash group that helps people helping and has a small knowledge base for fast access to links etc and I would like some funding for development, maintenance and rewards for helping users.
It’s also able to send/receive tips

Description
I’m currently working on https://t.me/ZenCashHelp_bot for the Telegram group. At the beginning it was supposed to serve as a quick knowledge-base but after asking an admin (Alex Z) what they think about the bot we (me and Alex) put together a few more ideas. One of them was to port the discord “tipping bot” on the zencash discord to the telegram group and this proposal.

About Me
I’m a german application developer apprentice and have been involved with ZenCash and it’s community for quite a while now. ZenCash was the first crypto that really interested me and made me look into it further after I stopped mining Ethereum.

Scope
I will further develop bigger features, like the tipping bot, and maintain the bot itself and also take requests for features from admins.
The bot already has some features and is usable, because alex came up with the proposal idea after I started working voluntairily.
If this proposal is accepted, I’ll move the bot from my raspberry pi at home to a rented VPS for better uptime and the tipbot functionality.
As you can see in the available commands, there is something called “/thanks”. It’s a feature that users can use to thank other users when they were helpful. I’m planning to give away a small amount of the Budget to the top 3 most helpful persons each month before resetting the scoreboard.
I’m hoping to boost the willingness to help and kindness in the chat.

Budget
1 ZEN per Month (or less frequent, like 2 ZEN every 2 months, 4 ZEN every 4 months and so on), lower/higher also possible if you can explain to me why you think so and still gives me some pocketmoney and pays for the monthly giveaway and VPS.

Terms
You can cancel our agreement and payment at any time you want, but that will most likely mean that I’ll have to move the bot back to my raspi and most likely suspend the bigger features like the tipbot and thanks-giveaway.

Closing
I’m really happy about the zencash community and would like to make things a little easier for the voluntairy helpers in the ZenCash chat.

If you think this isn’t something the telegram group needs then that’s fine, I’ll still continue adding more commands that only respond with knowledge. :innocent:

Hi @DatDraggy,

Thank you for posting this proposal. I consulted your idea with @Lukas who coded Tipbot for Discord and we both share the enthusiasm for your idea.

Please let me review your proposal also with leadership and I give you a feedback as soon as I can.

Have a successful day :blush:

Kamila
Community Project Manager of ZenCash

useless, almost no one will use it

With that amount of repetitive questions I doubt no one will use some of the commands.
If you mean the tipping bot, don’t know. Would there be one for discord if no one is using it?
I wouldn’t really call it useless.

Hello @DatDraggy,

we’ve reviewed your proposal and we really like it. Our Telegram community is growing and we welcome your great idea. You proposal is approved.

Thank you for contributing with ZenCash! If you would need something, please, feel free to contact me on [email protected].

Kind regards
Kamila

Done.
The tipping bot is finished and the thank system also works.
I’m still testing if everything works how it should, but it’s ready for the group soon.
Does the ZENTeam have to test it privately first or should I get the admins to add it to the group once I’m sure it’s ready for the wild?

(Also, any updates on that new payment system?)

Hi @DatDraggy,

I don’t want to shock you but while I was writing you you posted this. I think we are on the same length wave :smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you for your update! I’d like to test it with you and check it as a part of our Tracking of Deliverables Process. Once this will be done, next step is Payment Process. We can talk about it via our email conversation if it’s convenient for you. Or we can schedule a call via MEET (Google Chrome is requested for it on PC or app on mobile devices).

Many thanks in advance!
Kamila

Haha, wow, funny coincidence. ^^

Sure! E-Mail would be easier, so I’ll shoot you an email later today so we can arrange a time we can play around with it.

This proposal is now labeled as WORK IN PROGRESS.

The deliverables of this proposal were functional sequence of commands based on code which could be useful for community members of ZenCash channel on Telegram. The final budget is used for development of code as well as for renting of VPS.

The outputs were tested by Kamila and @DatDraggy. The code is stored here and is visible for everybody. It was recommended to create a short user manual which is now WIP. Also it’s possible to work on improvement of the code during WIP phase.

This proposal will have been approved for 3 months. After 2018/09/30 Kamila, Community Project Manager of ZenCash, and @DatDraggy will schedule a meeting and discuss the feedback (if it’s used by community, if it’s useful, if @DatDraggy wants to still contribute etc.). If the final feedback will be positive on both sides it will be possible to create an amendment and continue in contribution.

Kamila

Hi @DatDraggy,

I’d like to express many thanks for your work on this proposal. We really appreciate your effort!:+1:

Also it’s very important to say that we significantly size your activity on Telegram in ZenCash Channel. You do your best in helping everybody from community with questions connected with the entire ZenCash. Thank you very much and stay with us😘

Once the final quality was checked, I’d like to ask you for your T-address. Please, post it here and I’m going to ask our Financial department for the payment. And, of course, I’ll post a transaction link here.

Kind regards,
Kamila Community Project Manager

Hello @Kamila,

thank you very much for the kind words. I’m glad the team liked my idea. :grin:
Help/Documentation will be available in the repository link you posted but can also be seen in the /zencommands output of the bot.

This is my address: zni7tRLevBnJxWMzkUoMVze1e6RCSPDdbfw

Love working with ZEN.

Also, I made a backup bot in case of a name change @ ZenHelp_bot

Hi @DatDraggy,

This proposal has been approved for 3 months and will be paid every month, during the last week of the month. It means July, August and September. In July there is an exception and payment was sent sooner because @DatDraggy has been waiting for the approval for a very long time.

Transaction for the first month (July) has been sent on 2018/07/23. Transaction confirmation link:
https://explorer.zensystem.io/tx/220e9e365621d8bb95e5703e0a5384e3cf0c37352a96d7b99122814c0a3ef174.

Regarding the updates (improvement of @TipBot or documentation) keep me posted, please. We can schedule a meeting if needed.

Thank you very much for doing such a great job. We really appreciate your proactive approach as well​:+1::wink:

Have a great day!

Warm regards,
Kamila

Hi @DatDraggy,

Transaction for the second month (August) has been sent on 2018/09/06. Transaction confirmation link:
https://explorer.zensystem.io/tx/b4e7e93a67335ca78c15716c5ad2617fb54836efe8ce35e84a28788c73723bcd

I deeply apologize for the delay. I was dealing with many tasks during the last week.

Thank you very much for your work and have a fab day :+1:

Warm regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager of Horizen

Hi @DatDraggy,

Transaction for the third month (September) was sent on 2018/10/02. Transaction confirmation link:
https://explorer.zensystem.io/tx/c9f80b0f77fae31ae0eaf2cf11885d796c7a0c77b09f2f480916025f20531716

This proposal was approved for 3 months. Wouldn’t you mind if we’ll have a short a discussion and share our feedbacks (from your and our sides), please? We can chat on Discord (we’re both in the same time zone). I will adapt to your schedule.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and effort!

Have a perfect day.

Kind regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager of Horizen

Hey @Kamila,
sorry for the late reply, I kind off forgot when I got the notification.
Feel free to send me a message whenever you like. I’m available pretty much all the time if I’m not asleep at that time.

Hi @DatDraggy,

no need to apologize. Let’s discuss on Discord or Telegram about this.

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day :wink:
Kind regards,
Kamila