[Proposal] ZenCash meetup in Montreal

Hi Bart,

The agenda of the meetup looks awesome! However somebody used the old logo of ZEN. Maybe would be better to change it or delete. People could be confused. Never mind it’s great and fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

Regarding the pics and videos, the next meetup on 2018/07/31 isn’t a part of our agreement but if you will send us (as you wrote) something what we can share on our social media, it will be significantly appreciated! :wink::+1:

Thank you and good luck!

Kind regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager of ZenCash

Hi @IAmNotAJeep,

how was your meetup? Did you enjoy it?:blush:

May I ask you for some pics or record from this event, please? We’d like to share on our social media.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Kamila

Hi @IAmNotAJeep,

can you give us any feedback, please? Otherwise I would have to close this topic.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kamila

Hi Kamila,
I’m traveling until the 29th, pardon the brevity.
The meetup at cryptoinmontreal went very well, the presentation took about 2 hours and was not only a talk by me but also a lively participation from the group (which I always encourage) ranging in topics from the founders of IOHK (Charles Hosk) to running nodes in docker, smart contract integration roadmap, crypto economics as well as investing - so it was an advanced group and very interesting conversations.
The cafe hosting CryptoInMontreal meetup took some pictures that that I was able to get last week (I am attaching them with this post).
Following the talk, a number of people signed up to the Montreal Zen meetup and I stayed in touch with a few of the attendees directly as well. The most important result for me, one of the attendees actually offered to help and volunteer her time to Zen In Monteal and we had one subsequent meeting already to discuss details last week (same time I got the pics from the cafe). I had invited her to read this forum and I need to scout out some locations she had suggested. Due to last minute changes in my schedule last week I will only be doing this this weekend if time permits while I’m back in town for a few days, regardless, we are working out the text for the meetup announcement, date of the first meetup and deciding on topics. I think one takeaway from the first presentation is to make sure we take good pictures, it should be easier if we are hosting the meetup vs when giving a visiting talk.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
-b

Hi Bart,

sorry I didn’t want to shock you :smiley: I thought you’re on vacation…but you know it was 3 weeks…I have an experience with people who just change their mind and decide not to contribute. It can happen, of course. But it’s nice if I know about that and can close the topic. I’m more than happy that you’ve still sticked with us.

Many thanks for the pics, they’re really gorgeous! We’re going to promote them on our social media. May I ask you for your twitter handle, please? If it’s inconvenient for you to post it here, please send me an email at [email protected]. We’d like to give you the credit :+1: Thank you.

To be honest I’m so happy that one lady wants to help you. We welcome every single new community member with open heart :heart:️ Many warm regards to her!

Also you don’t have enough time for a meetup this month, it’s no problem. I don’t want you to be stressed. It’s not healthy. Let’s start next month.

Enjoy your vacation :sunny:

Thank you again.
Kind regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager

Hi Kamila,
Thanks for understanding, my twitter is @IAmNotAJeep.
By the way, It’s great to have a co-organizer for Zen in Montreal who was also involved in Zcon0 and did a presentation at the Ethereum meetup in Monteal so I hope we can get something unique off the ground here.
Talk to you soon!

Hi Bart,

I’d like to know if you already had a meetup this month?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager Of Horizen

This proposal has been closed due to elapsed time since the last communication from owner. The proposal may be re-opened by sending me a DM or email at [email protected] .

Kind regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager of Horizen