TL;DR: Writing scripts to interact with zend has a high barrier of entry which would benefit from being lowered.
During routine management of multiple secure nodes for multiple users, including charging VPS costs + management fees and generate a P&L sheet for my customers, I wanted to automate away a lot of the transactions and documentation work. I ended up writing a large bash script due to the python-based tools in the codebase being clunky and inaccessible. If there had been an easy-to-use, well documented python SDK, I could have written/tested the automation scripts an order of magnitude faster and would feel much better about needing to automate more tasks in the future.
Create a lightweight python sdk for management and scripting. Can be integrated directly into the zen repo or in its own. Needs to be stable, 1-to-1 to zen-cli, well tested, but most of all incredibly well documented (so it is easy to use, the whole point of this proposal is to lower barrier of entry). This is a solution of 2 parts to lower the technical barrier of entry to using the zencash system:
- Easy to use python SDK (code)
- Well written documentation (understanding)*
*This documentation will be written in a portable way to copy over to wikis for both the zen-cli and python SDKs (since they will be 1-to-1)
I am a software developer based out of San Jose, CA currently working as a cloud network security engineer for a small startup. Due to the company being small I also handle all of our technical documentation, QA, Product Management and Customer Support. I can provide samples of all of the above on request. Past experience:
- BS Computer Science from University of California: Irvine. Specializations in Low-Level Systems and Machine Learning
- Undergraduate Researcher doing GPU acceleration refactoring on 3 separate projects: SANA (simulated annealing for network alignment: network alignment using simulated annealing to find similarities between protein-based lifeforms on a molecular level), ISSM (Ice Sheet System Model: ice sheet system modeling to simulate global warming) and SpaRc FiRe (Spiral Arc Finder and Reporter for finding spiral galaxies in the backgrounds of old hubble images).
- Product Management at Violin Memory - Created tools to expedite communication channels between the engineering and business sides of the company: Machine Learning tool to generate quotes for potential customers based on past data, their size, networking and storage needs. Ticketing tool to distribute company sports game tickets leftover from sales. Benchmark visibility tool to generate benchmark graphs on demand given certain parameter sets.
- Developer at Ring - Employee 5, created website, backend, and order fulfillment system. Now a 1000+ employee company looking to IPO next year
- Marketing at Vidtel - Handled multiple marketing campaigns. Also refactored the website from scratch when needed.
Can provide resume and more info on request.
Outside of work I enjoy building computers (mining rigs included!), surfing, longboarding, golfing, going to concerts, reading, and most of all learning about new things!
See proposals for full breakdown. Nothing but testate coins due on acceptance. Most of cost is withheld until full project delivery.
- Version 1.0: 410 ZEN
- Version 1.1: 395 ZEN (after changes recommended by @kendrick: use Travis instead of Jenkins [free VPS])
- Version 2.0: 330 ZEN (after changes recommended by @Persona: no CI/QA, fork off python-bitcoinrpc)
Link to Proposal Versions