Horizen's official account on Mastodon

Hi Horizen Team and supporters!

Few days ago I joined Mastodon, social network with no ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralized (https://joinmastodon.org/)

So my idea is, I would gladly welcome official Horizen account there…
There are many freedom lovers, Free & Open Source SW (FOSS) supporters, blockchain/crypto enthusiasts, privacy-minded people on Mastodon… Including me. :slight_smile:

There also exists a way to automatically cross-post your Twitter posts on Mastodon:

Anyway, regardless of Horizen Team’s decision on this, for now I’ll keep on following Horizen’s official accounts on Twitter, Reddit and Telegram.

Best,
Ivan

Hi @CryptoMole,

thank you for your interesting idea. It looks really awesome. I’ve never heard about this social network neither know how their algorithm works. To be honest I’m not fun of cross-posting because every social media algorithm works differently and has some strategy. For successful posting it’s necessary to know the strategy and follow it. But I understand your point.

Please, let me prepared a research and discuss this topic with our experts. I will let you know as soon as I can.

Thank your for your effort and have a perfect day!

Kind regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager of Horizen

Hi @CryptoMole,

we’ve reviewed your idea and it’s really great. I prepared some research and we discussed all cons and pros. Unfortunately we still don’t have a proper conclusion. I’d like to test the Mastodon myself. I’m expert for FB and IG algorithms and I’m engineer, so it’s no problem. What I’d like to ask you is - can you recommend me some Mastodon server oriented for Blockchain? It means what server I should join and test in order to hypothetically create a Horizen account there?

Thank you for your help and I’m sorry for the delay. We really work on that but we know social media isn’t only about posting if you want to be successful.

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Kamila

Hi @Kamila,

sorry for my late reply.

As for me, I am currently on “mastodon.social” instance which houses >250k accounts, incl. Eugen Rochko, the main developer of Mastodon.

Regarding your questions, unfortunately I cannot give you a specific name of instance (server) oriented for blockchain, but I would like to introduce you to a website, where you might find instance that best suits you (or Horizen): https://instances.social/ Or, alternatively, try to contact Eugen Rochko or some of their devs…

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Best,
Ivan

Hi @CryptoMole,

My apology for late response. I’ve been ill.

We had tested it before you post here your advices here and decided to put this suggestion ON HOLD. We think it’s really good idea and I personally voted for this because I’m always open to adopt new technologies / platforms / approaches etc and I had initiated new accounts on other medias (not only Mastodon). Unfortunately we need to focus on accounts based on media where we can engage wide audience. But I think it’s a question of few months and Horizen will have an account on Mastodon as well because we didn’t rejected this idea, only put in on hold. And I will personally do my best and vote for it again!

Thank you for understanding.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,
Kamila

Hi @Kamila,

Thanks for your reply. I like that you are open-minded and open for this option. I also understand your reasoning. Mastodon itself needs to be improved in various ways and also gain more crypto-enthusiasts to be a go-to option for Horizen.
If anytime in the future Horizen account is established and maintained on Mastodon, I’ll gladly join (and engage with) you there.

Have a nice Friday and weekend!

Best,
Ivan