Feedback on Horizen Global Home page

Hello guys,

Just had some feedback for the home page, specifically where it link to a video with Rob titled, “A special message from Rob Viglione…”. It does come off a bit culty, don’t get me wrong I like the work that Rob does and I love Horizen however I feel it may give the wrong impression to newcomers.

At the end of the day Horizen belongs to the users and I feel that section makes it seem as if Rob “owns” Horizen.

Thanks for providing such an incredible platform for economic freedom!

I just watched the video. To me it sounded like normal “businese”. Not even close to some of the far out stuff you hear in the crypto space—which can definitely sound cultish.

“At the end of the day Horizen belongs to the users and I feel that section makes it seem as if Rob “owns” Horizen.” I can see that… but he did found the project.

Hi @Bacteriophage,

Thank you for opening this topic.

I agree with @philo.phineas. Rob is a co-funder of the project. And in general every project needs a face, an official representative who will attend conferences and build up the trust. Zcoin used to have one of their project managers and PIVX has a crypto enthusiast who’s a part of a team. This is dependent on the marketing strategy. That’s all.

I’m very sorry if you had this negative feeling from the video. I hope all our future videos will have better and positive impact. Because “At the end of the day Horizen belongs to the users” and they’re the very important for us!

Many thanks to both of you again and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Kamila
Community Project Manager of Horizen

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying and I thought that too. It was more so trying to take the perspective of a new comer. But if you guys are confident that it works well, then that’s all good!

Thanks for the replies!