"Dashifying Zcash" 51% Attack Protection and More: Rob Viglione of Horizen

1 Like

Love that bear! Bonus points to anyone who can guess where it came from :slight_smile:

1 Like

This could be very successful campaign!

1 Like

Dash is very similar to Bitcoin Cash, something for payments.

Dash can be an attractive investment to a rich investor that lives in or from a third-world country that knows the routes there.
The investor can stake on a master node in Dash and use it to pay his employees there.

The only problem with these coins is the volatility of the coin, this is why Libra made a lot of sense.

I send money to the Philippines every month to pay for some people that work for me there.
So, I did experiment with XRP and BCH for lower transaction fees. It did not work.
It did not work bec. I pay too many transactions, when I buy BCH or XRP, the time that I buy plus the waiting days at Coinbase to withdraw, prices can drop, another transaction fee when I send from Coinbase to Coins.ph and the volatility correlation at the time to convert from Altcoin to Bitcoin.
The Exchanges in the Philippines only accepts Bitcoin as a direct exchange to the Philippines Peso. They have XRP and BCH as well but first you have to convert it to Bitcoin within the Exchange before they can change it to Philippine Peso.
Banko Central ng Pilipinas has the “legal” go on this.

But if it would be like Zen but with a side chain like USDC, that might work well for the Lords of the third-world to utilize it in their businesses.

Vietnamese players must be in already.

Just a thought.

2 Likes

i’m a big fan of exploring price stable SC solutions. the low hanging fruit in my mind is to create an over-collateralized dynamic contract mechanism akin to Maker. the benefit of doing it with a SC is the originator controls consensus and can optimize everything for merchant adoption.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. it’s only a matter of who among the smart investors can see this potential.

Also Maker is a little complicated for the average Joe and for the Lords even.

Dash will become a good entry point for new comers wherever they are supported like Vietnam. And Bitcoin will benefit from it, I think.
Bitcoin can then fund more development for good sidechains.
Zen needs to bond well with Bitcoin in all ways as possible.

1 Like

I take this back. Something like Maker to create a stable coin can be a good side chain on the Horizen platform. With proper education, the average Joe will get this.

1 Like

independent of the actual design that ends up being used, the Horizen ecosystem would benefit enormously from a price stable asset suite. it’s a high priority in my mind…

I just started studying more about stable coins. So far this is what I understand or I think is what it is.
Pls correct me if I’m wrong.

Stable coin - The Pacemaker of Crypto.

A pacemaker is a small device that’s placed in the chest or abdomen to help control abnormal heart rhythms.

If the heart rate goes too slow or too fast, tachycardia or bradycardia, the Pacemaker brings it back to normal heartbeat.

Maker Dai the cryptocurrency with stable value in Layman’s terms is similar.
This video is one that is easiest to understand.

1 Like

it’s a good way to look at it, and the Maker model is an excellent starting point for us to consider our own via sidechain.